Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Minerva Luella Sneetches rides-From The Carolinas to Anna Maria Island, FL

My amazing cat is a true adventurer.  She was just telling me how happy she is that we've had mostly perfect Fall weather for the East Coast.

From the Carolinas, we buzzed through Georgia on our way to The Fountain of Youth.  Who doesn't want to be eternally young?  I can't say the water tasted all that great, but I drank two cupfuls -- just in case!  Sneetches turned up her nose when I offered her a sip, and disdainfully whispered to me that she has NINE lives…count 'em.  She certainly doesn't need a drink from the Fountain of Youth!

Next up was a very interesting visit to Cape Canaveral…Sneetches got to stay in an air-conditioned pet holding area while I got to see all the wonders of space…loved seeing the historical rockets of the greatest explorations of space and to honor history made by so many brave souls.




From Cape Canaveral, it was a congested ride to Kissimmee…all I have to say to that area is "kiss this"!  One quick overnight and an easy fabulous ride straight to a wonderful two month rental condo on Anna Maria Island…paradise.  Sneetches settled in and was THRILLED to know that we would be staying put for 2 months.  She stretched out, purred, put on her Halloween costume and guarded the candy with her life…she wouldn't even let me have one piece!  Probably a good thing.

As for me, I worked on my annual advertising project for "Know Your Ships", which I've done for the past 15 years.  It was another successful outcome for this publication, and I wrapped it up during November and December while still managing to enjoy Anna Maria Island, exploring every restaurant and nook and cranny of one of my most favorite places on Earth!  I love this island, its old-world Florida charm, the beautiful white sand beaches and sunsets every night.  In one great ride, I cruised along the edges of the Gulf barrier keys from Anna Maria Island to Long Boat Key to Lido Island to Siesta Key…nothing but beauty everywhere I looked.  This area of the U.S. always draws me in and holds me softly when I visit.  Hurricane Hanks became my favorite hideout and "Eat Here" had such great food!  Drinks at any tiki bar is fun, watching football playoffs and taking my WildwomanK Fantasy Football Team to its 2nd championship in a row!  Take that, guys!  Actually I owe a lot of my success to my son, Zachary, who talked me through player changes and strategies for winning!  :D

How about some pictures!

"Momma…do we really have to leave so soon?"
"Yes, little one…Key West is next!  You'll love it"!







No comments:

Post a Comment